Different Types of Goals
Leaders set goals. But they often set only one type of goal, and in doing so they set themselves up for failure. Here are different types of goals to set:
1. Achievement goals – These describe results that you will have when you finish the goal. Examples include: retire with a million dollars at age 65, earning a promotion by June, increase sales by 5%. Most major goals are achievement goals.
2. Action goals – These describe specific actions that you will take to accomplish achievement goals. Examples include: meet with an investment counselor, attending a workshop to learn new job skills, contact all of the prospects in the database.
3. Layered goals – These specify the same goal with different levels of priority and difficulty.
4. Rate goals – These specify actions repeatedly done over time. Examples include: Read two books per month, exercising three times per week, or writing in a journal every day. Many personal growth activities can be performed as rate goals.
5. Limit goals – These set boundaries. Examples include: Spend less than $5,000 on new equipment, going to bed before 10 PM each night, take less than 45 minutes for lunch while at work. These help manage priorities.
6. Exclusion goals – These state things that you will not do. Examples include: Do not watch TV after 8 P.M., do not use a cell phone when with other people, do not eat junk foods. These help you decide in advance which activities you will avoid.
The Sales Accelerator Road Map
Growing your business isn’t rocket science….but it is a Science!
Fix Your Marketing
And Increase Your Sales & Profits In Less Than 45 Minutes As Our Software Pinpoints Your ‘Opportunity Areas’ & Shows You Exactly What To Improve.
Click here to access your copy of The Sales Accelerator Roadmap.
The ROADMAP Uses ‘The FORMULA’ Our Proven Business-Building System To Fix Your Marketing, Pinpoint All The Gaps & Provide A Step-By-Step Solution To Grow Quickly.
If you would like a free strategy sessions to discover how you can improve your business, complete the business mentoring interest form and we will call you back.